Friday, July 27, 2012

My girlfriend wants to move out of state with our child what are my options?

 First in order to protect your rights as the Father of the child you need to legally establish Paternity. Paternity is established by filing a petition with the court. Through this action you can also get visitation and determine custody, and child support. You should not let your girlfriend move away without establishing these rights. Also keep in mind that, Florida has a law called the “Relocation Statute”. The law says that once you have a divorce case or a Parenting Plan you cannot move the children more than 50 miles unless the other parent agrees or the Court says that you can. The law has a number of factors to consider, such as the reason for the move, how involved the non-moving parent has been with the children, and other important matters to decide if a move is in the best interests of the children. In any case you need to have a court order in place to assert your rights.

Need more information? Check these links below byCarolyn Jonesat4:51 AM

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment